Friday, December 28, 2012

Fire guts Ex-President Obasanjo’s Hilltop Mansion

A section of ex-president Obasanjo's hilltop mansion in Abeokuta, which was used as an office, was gutted by fire yesterday Thursday December 27th.


Obasanjo was not home when the fire started around 4pm yesterday but his wife, children and grandchildren were home. They were quickly evacuated from the building. The inferno, which destroyed computers, office appliances and furniture, was said to have have been caused by an electrical fault.

The fire spread to other parts of the building and even affected Obasanjo's bedroom. It was eventually put out by the state Fire Service.

No comments: