Sunday, May 27, 2012
Danfo Driver Dies Of Cocaine Ingestion
A 34-year-old commercial bus driver, Edwin Ozoani, has died after a wrap of cocaine ruptured in his stomach.
According to the Head, Public Affairs of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, Mitchell Ofoyeju, the deceased returned from Brazil aboard a South African Airline flight, tested positive to drug ingestion during screening at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos and was placed under observation.
“He excreted 10 wraps of substances that tested positive for cocaine, weighing 180 grammes. While still under observation, he complained of stomach pain and was rushed to the hospital where he eventually died.
“A post-mortem examination showed that the death was due to one of the wraps of cocaine he ingested that ruptured in his stomach.